Retracting their call for diplomacy with Russia to end the Ukraine war, Congressional Progressives cave to the neocons.
The flip-flop of Ilhan Omar is stunning. I wonder how these people can live with themselves, but I wonder even more why rank and file Democrats don't see through the obvious lies and hypocrisy at this point. But the weird obsession with hating Russia is only second to the bizarre fixation on hating Trump, some sort of psychological issue I can't fully understand.
I'm not saying people should never call out something potentially evil as a severe threat...but risking an unnecessary nuclear war over an obsession against a singular enemy? When we can point to a number of regimes that are belligerent and oppressive round the world? I honestly don't get it.
Now, pretend that The Squad were calling for Medicare For All or similar. The Team D leadership would simply ignore them.
Instead, the so-called progressives were forced to abase themselves publicly in a ritual reminiscent of a Cultural Revolution self-criticism struggle session.
This shows what really matters to the Team D leadership.
Same comment I left under Taibbi's article: In 2003, I was a gay pussy because I opposed the war in Iraq. In 2022, I'm an anti-gay sexist because I oppose blank checks for Ukraine. Time is a flat circle.
In all seriousness though, if there is one thing the military industrial complex has mastered, it is the art of knowing which way the cultural winds are blowing, then aligning their policies of endless imperialist war with whatever the prevailing cultural flavor-of-the-month is. If Americans reject wokeism writ large, and elect somebody like Ron DeSantis, the military industrial complex will revert immediately to Bush era racist gingoism in order to justify endless war. There is no real ideology behind it, it's just business. In the meantime, though, it is fun to laugh at Jamie Raskin's "woke hawk" routine. Pure comedy.
It is interesting and disappointing to see how long the corporate media and politicians can maintain false narratives, such as everything to do with this conflict boiling down to Putin being a crazy imperialist.
You would think getting this close to the brink of nuclear confrontation would attract more attention to the situation and investigation of things like the Nuland coup in 2014, the shelling and killing of thousands of ethnic Russian civilians in eastern Ukraine, the US biolabs built across the Ukraine (which we now understand pose a threat to a lot more than just Russians), and the major Ukrainian troop movements immediately prior to Russia's invasion.
The stakes are so high, and nothing can be discussed because Putin man bad. The institutional failure of media in particular is on full display. And watching progressive politicians so quickly abandon resistance against this war is an example of how thoroughly representative government is being dismantled.
Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerer of death's construction
-War Pigs, Black Sabbath 1970
FYI (optional reading 😉 ) GG tweets – extracted ~Nov 7 period https://twitter.com/ggreenwald
• This is a group that pretends to speak for Jews. In reality, it's just another banal, standard Dem Party/liberal activist group whose core function is to exploit these causes to agitate for censorship of anyone who questions liberal establishment orthodoxy.
It's the Jewish @HRC
ADL: “Today, we are joining dozens of other groups to ask advertisers to pause Twitter spending because we are profoundly concerned about antisemitism and hate on the platform. Here's why we're asking advertisers to #StopHateForProfit and #StopToxicTwitter -- https://stophateforprofit.org/statement-calling-on-advertisers”
• The scam is to scare corporations by knowing they'll be accused of anti-Semitism unless they bow to ADL's dictates about what ideas and people they can and can't associate with, just as @HRC exploits reckless homophobia accusations to coerce obedience. It's pro-DNC censorship.
• (re-tweet): AOC is a deeply unserious person
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says Elon Musk is sabotaging her Twitter account
• Joy Reid's understanding of history really does begin in 2017. As sketchy as that understanding is, she has no idea that history existed before Trump. The ignorance is stunning. How can someone like this be on TV every night talking about politics, even to a tiny audience?
• In 1974, "President Ford plunged headfirst into the crisis. His first and most public move was to combat inflation. He declared inflation 'public enemy number one.'"
Ford's brand was "WIN: Whip Inflation Now."
How the fuck does Joy Reid know nothing about everything???
• This little dunce - who wouldn't sacrifice for a cause if he lived to be 1,000 - thinks the Kremlin told Snowden to re-tweet a WashPost reporter's mention of a George Will column lightly critiquing Kamala Harris.
• How do these people mock QAnon when they're as conspiratorial?
Aaron Rupar @atrupar: “it really isn't when you realize that Snowden's entire purpose right now is using his platform to advance the Russian government's interests -- hurting the Democratic Party and thereby helping Republicans win office, which ultimately will undermine the US's support for Ukraine twitter.com/_GreatDelusion…”
• But that tweet does express one of the core views of Democratic partisans in media. It's really how they think now.
If you criticize the Dem Party or its leaders then, by definition, you're doing the work of the Kremlin. All critics of Biden are, by definition, Putin stooges.
• Sometimes, parts of our politics become so insane and unhinged for so long that one forgets how demented they are. Starting in 2017, it became completely standard for Dem politicians and DNC media stars to accuse all critics of being Kremlin assets:
Michael Tracey @mtracey:
Congressman Can't Answer Simple Question About His Own Bill, So Accuses Me of Working for the Russian Government
• The primary tactic of American liberalism (Dem Party version) is to police and control the flow of information online by silencing, de-platforming, excluding and otherwise punishing anyone who questions of dissents from their pieties and decrees of Truth and Falsity.
Elon Musk @elonmusk: “Twitter has had a massive drop in revenue, due to activist groups pressuring advertisers, even though nothing has changed with content moderation and we did everything we could to appease the activists.
Extremely messed up! They’re trying to destroy free speech in America.
• The lesson Democrats (and their US Security State partners) derived from their humiliating 2016 loss was that the preservation and expansion of their power requires tight control over the internet.
Corporate power (through advertising pressure) is one of their primary tools.
• This is why *the overwhelming majority* of Democrats support **state control** of information online in the name of fighting "disinformation."
In other words, if Big Tech won't capitulate to their censorship demands, Dems want political leaders to mandate that censorship.
• I spoke last night on Fox about a woefully under-covered story: The EU made it *illegal* for any platform to air RT or other Russian media. Now France is demanding US platforms, such as Rumble, obey this and remove RT. Rumble refused, defending its right to air what it wants
Democrats have handed what antiwar vote there is to the Republicans. In Ohio, Vance pulled ahead and stayed there after Ryan said nuclear war could be prepared for and managed by the Very Intelligent People in the Biden Administration.
Vance said that nuclear war was a thing to be avoided because he didn't want to see his family or other Ohio families die.
Raskin is a truly disgusting DNC operative.
FBI demands 66 YEARS to release data on Seth Rich laptop – (his murder is still unresolved.)
2020 elections were indeed STOLEN – by FBI !!
Exactly as expected. The "self-licking ice cream" of Afghanistan was hastily abandoned because the new one - 10 times bigger - in Ukraine was just being prepared. It is beyond ridiculous to even talk about members of congress as any sort of decision makers here, MIC is going to milk this (read: mostly US tax payers) until the bitter and inevitable end. It is clear that after 6 month of conflict that Ukraine lost independent ability to pursue this war. Not only are they dependent completely on military aid and logistics to keep their troops fighting, their economy is already ruined, and budget needs 3 billions per month to just keep afloat. If the annual outlay to keep the war going is upward of 50 billion, a nice chunk of that will find its way back to various contractors, arms suppliers, think-tanks, consultants and array of similar bottom feeders with vital interests in prolonging the war. Not to even mention the Ukrainian side, the level of corruption there is on epic scale.
Leftist intellectual Noam Chomsky asserted during a recent interview that there is only “one western statesman of stature” pushing to end the war in Ukraine – Donald Trump.
The professor of linguistics made the remarks in a recent interview, a clip of which was posted to Twitter by journalist Glenn Greenwald.
“Well there is, fortunately, one statesman in the United States and Europe…who has made a very sensible statement about how you can solve the crisis, namely by facilitating negotiations instead of undermining them and moving towards establishing some kind of accommodation in Europe,” said Chomsky.
The author went on to describe a plan first introduced by George H.W. Bush – Partnership for Peace – which would guarantee that NATO would not expand further eastwards and “move towards a world with no military alliances.”
Chomsky that the only prominent person advocating a “move towards negotiations and diplomacy instead of escalating the war” was “Donald J. Trump.”
lol "progressives"...in US federal politics? Nope.
Thanks Aaron, a very good summary of how bad the dems. are. The only hope is a third party that can at least put some pressure on these fools.
When I listened to that clip from some D Team propagandist named Jason Crow it immediately dawned on me. Every time he used the name Putin he should have substituted the name Biden, and he would have been correct. The problem with the BIG LIE is that far too many semi-literate gullible people believe it.
Thank you. And a mystery — if our beloved US is basically a bipartisan fascist non-democracy - why is it fashionable for GOP RINOs to call fascist Democrats — communists (?!) and “left” (?!) ?
Interview Diane Sare who is running election to U.S. Senate in NY.